Monday, February 13, 2017

grilled peach prosciutto pizza

grilled peach prosciutto pizza


Summer is over when school starts, right? Um wrong. I feel like summer passes me by now that I have a job that keeps me at a desk all day. Lucky for me, the farmers market reminds me weekly that summer is still in full swing with their delicious produce. I get so excited when I see peaches arrive at the farmers market each summer. A juicy, ripe peach is hard to beat and this pizza is the perfect showcase for them. This recipe is summer on a pizza with grilled caramelized peaches, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and cilantro. Usually I prefer more of a thick, chewy pizza crust but this flatbread like pizza dough was slightly crispy and didnt overpower the toppings. I only used half of the dough for this peach and prosciutto pizza so I could use the other half for a different pizza creation sometime later this week (thinking smores pizza). I feel like I cheated on the grill a little by "grilling" these peaches on a lean mean grilling machine because I wanted to grill each individual peach slice. But it worked surprisingly well and I didnt have to worry about the slices falling to the bottom of the grill and creating a mess. 

Grilled Peach & Prosciutto Pizza

for pizza dough:
recipe from allrecipes

3 c. all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
1 c. warm water (110 degrees F)

for pizza toppings:
2 peaches, sliced and grilled for 2-3 minutes 
a ball of fresh mozzarella
8 slices of prosciutto
handful of parmesan
cilantro

Preheat the oven to 375°F. 

Combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and water. Kneed dough with your hands and roll out half of the dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet. If you want to use the entire dough then double the amount of pizza toppings. 

Cut individual peach slices and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Top pizza with parmesan, thinly- sliced mozzarella slices, peach slices and prosciutto pieces. Bake pizza for 20-25 minutes. Top pizza with cilantro before serving. 



Available link for download